Join the Sunset Grill family
Culinary Trainer (Corporate) - Oakville
Location: Oakville, ON
Date: October 1, 2018
Company Name: Sunset Grill Restaurants Ltd.
Category: Hospitality & Food Service / Culinary Training
Sunset Grill Restaurants is currently recruiting for a Culinary Trainer out of its Head Office in Oakville. This newly created role will be responsible for delivering core training to Sunset Grill Franchise Owners and team members and provide them with the skills necessary to properly operate a Sunset Grill restaurant. This is a fantastic opportunity for the ideal candidate to grow with a top brand.
- Passionate about, and thrive on, the training and development of teams
- Knowledgeable about training theory and practices and adult learning techniques
- Experienced in and excited about the restaurant industry
This position demands an outgoing and dynamic personality as well as management and leadership skills. The ideal candidate supports the Sunset Grill’s mission, core values, operational brand standards, policies and procedures while building good relationships with the Franchise Owners.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Function as a brand ambassador for New Restaurant Openings
- Design, develop and implement kitchen staff training curriculum; serve as a subject matter expert for the development and execution of training content
- Proactively train and execute programs to ensure achievement of Head Office goals and standards, meeting the highest standards of hospitality and operational execution, food safety, and quality control
- Coach and provide ongoing training for restaurant teams and managers
- Assess and improve performance and enhance the overall effectiveness and profitability of individual operations/functions and the Company as a whole
- Serve as consultant to District Managers and Director of Operations concerning restaurant management performance/behavioral issues
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-8 years related work experience, including 2 years of development and training experience, or combination of education and experience
- A minimum of one (1) year of high-volume restaurant, QSR or fast-casual kitchen experience. Breakfast experience an asset
- General knowledge of human resources policies and practices
- Commitment to excellence in performing job-related duties. Must be a self-starter who requires little supervision
- High School diploma or GED required
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be available to work full-time, including weekends, but not evenings
- Professional demeanor a must
- Must be willing to travel throughout Ontario, other provinces and potentially to the United States
- Valid Driver’s Licence
Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Benefits Package, Great Company Culture and Work Life Balance.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to [email protected]
Please include “Culinary Trainer” in the subject line of your email. Please include salary expectations within your cover letter.
Sunset Grill Restaurants Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all interested and qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any type of accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your interest in Sunset Grill. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.