About the Franchise
Own and Operate a Sunset Grill of Your Own!
Owner-operated, California-style breakfast restaurant with a warm and friendly community atmosphere. Featuring fresh grilled breakfast and lunch prepared in an open kitchen.
Sunset Grill is a proudly Canadian all-day breakfast restaurant franchise founded in Toronto, Ontario by Angelo Christou in 1985. The California-inspired concept was named after the Don Henley hit song, “Sunset Grill,” which reached top 10 of the Billboard Charts the year we opened our doors.
We are a table service restaurant that appeals to all crowds, yet we remain very much 5-star inspired. Our food and preparation methods are centred around quality, which is never sacrificed. All our menu items are cooked fresh to order using healthy methods: flat-top grills, pat dry bacon, and nothing is ever deep fried.
Fresh is Tastiest™ is our philosophy here at Sunset Grill – our guests are loyal to our brand and love our food because we use fresh ingredients, healthy cooking methods, deliver generous portions, and provide fast, friendly, and reliable service.
With 80 franchised locations across Canada and growing, we are now positioned to expand across select markets in the United States, including California, Pennsylvania, and beyond. The chain will concentrate on high traffic and highly visible street locations in addition to freestanding pad sites and end caps with patio (where possible). Street units require 1,000 to 1,500 square feet with basement areas while pad units require approximately 2,200 square feet.
Why Partner with Sunset Grill?
- Specialization in the marketplace positions us as a leading brand. Operations are streamlined and efficient in comparison to broad spectrum restaurants
- Breakfast is a high profit market and by offering large portions of fresh, quality food at affordable rates, the formula is award-winning
- A clean, open concept kitchen instills customer confidence and is now more popular than ever. It also provides management a full, unobstructed view of customer flow, kitchen operations and seating areas at all times – resulting in mass savings on payroll, excellent customer service and maximized employee productivity
- One-shift operation (7 am to 4 pm daily) ensures zero down time and maximizes profits. A one-shift operation also allows you to go home every night and spend quality time with your family – without worrying about the restaurant!
- Staffing is simple with one shift to manage and coupled with no evening hours, the results are a very low staff turnover
- Excellent potential income. Featuring generous net profits for a full-service restaurant (up to 20% profit on net sales)
- Strong support. Head Office will find and pre-filter locations in prime, high visibility sites only. We negotiate long-term, clean leases (up to 30 years) and provide initial and ongoing training
“Buy into a business to benefit from that business not to be a slave to it.”
Your business should work for you and provide you with the following benefits:
Welcome to Sunset Grill!
We strive to be the best breakfast restaurant in town. We take pride in providing a warm, friendly and clean atmosphere for our customer’s enjoyment and satisfaction. We serve only the highest quality fresh foods and use the healthiest cooking methods.
Structure & Fees
|Franchise Fee:||$55,000.00 USD|
|Estimated Total Capital Cost (build out):||$600,000 (includes Franchise Fee)|
|Average Restaurant Size:||90 seats (2,200 sq. ft.)|
|Cash or Liquid Assets Required (unencumbered):||$250,000 (minimum)|
|Bank Financing Available Upon Approval:||TBD based on location and credit|
Owner / Operator Required Qualifications
- Supervisory or managerial background an asset
- Ability to relate well with both customers and employees
- Must possess integrity, honesty, sincerity, and tenacity
- Must be willing to follow a standard operation procedure and management system
- Must be willing to learn and understand the cooking process and kitchen operations
Advertising / Marketing
- Franchisees benefit from an established brand name (and integrity)
- We believe a “prime location” is our best advertising
- Large-scale advertising campaigns (online, print, radio) in addition to a localized content funnel
- Reputation Management – online directory and review sites; social media
- We build a regular customer base through word of mouth and consistently impressing our guests
- We support local community events and causes
- We are consistently voted best breakfast restaurant – E.g. Toronto Sun Readers’ Choice Awards
- Awarded for our franchise model and corporate social responsibility – Corporate Champion Award for Community Impact from the Canadian Cancer Society; 15-year milestone award for demonstrating dedication to Franchise Excellence through continued membership with the Canadian Franchise Association; Tops in Hospitality Award in recognition of the Greatest Percentage Increase – Restaurant Category awarded by Foodservice and Hospitality Magazine
Take Advantage of Our Professional Guidance
- Location search
- Securing of necessary financing
- Offer to lease or purchase
- Lease negotiations
- Initial drawing and design
- Hiring an Engineer / Architect
- Hiring, training and managing of staff
- Ongoing support from Head Office
- Two weeks’ training prior to opening
- Training during opening
- Use of all Sunset Grill recipes, manuals, menus, etc.
- Right to use trademarks and trade names
- Volume discount through our approved suppliers
- Exclusive territory
- Our build outs are turn-key, operations are fully standardized
Steps to Buying a Sunset Grill USA Franchise
Let us get started!
- Return the completed Questionnaire and Personal Finance Statement to our Head Office either by:
- email [email protected]
- We will follow up and comment upon our review of your application.
- Upon initial approval, a personal interview will be arranged with Sunset Grill Head Office.
- Our franchise agreement and disclosure statements are presented to the Franchisee so they may do their due diligence for the required minimum period of 14 days. This is in accordance with franchise disclosure laws.
- You will be required to visit a Small Business Loan Manager at a commercial bank to evaluate your financing needs.
- The franchise fee ($55,000 USD + applicable taxes) is paid upon signing and acceptance of the franchise agreement.
- Our growing list of prime locations are presented to the franchisee. If a franchisee spots a candidate location, it is processed through our appointed realtor for validity – the realtor must handle all correspondence with a potential landlord. Your location is finalized once the franchisee and franchisor agree.
- An exclusive territory is granted once the location is secured and the final lease for the premises is signed and executed.
USA Franchising Package
Download our Sunset Grill USA Franchise Package